Don't let your fleet be detained
SOLAS Chapter II-2 requires every SOLAS-regulated ship built after 1st July 2014 to have the right fire safety equipment in place by 1st July 2018. Non-complying vessels can be detained, incurring significant costs and delays to their shipping schedule.
- Each Fire Party on board must have at least 2 dedicated UHF handheld radios
- All firefighting radios must meet SOLAS regulatory standards
- Failing this can result in ports detaining each contravening vessel
- Port fees can exceed $20,000 - $30,000 USD per day
- Cost of delays to shipping schedules can exceed USD $100,000 per day
- Fires can occur anytime, so you need the right equipment on board right now
When it comes to fire safety, leave nothing to chance
The SAILOR 3965 UHF Fire Fighter radio has been specifically designed for SOLAS Chapter II-2 and to maximise fire safety at sea. No other radio goes further or does more to help keep your crews and vessels safe no matter what the conditions.
- Heavy-duty IP67 portable UHF radio
- ATEX Class II 2 G Ex ib IIB T4
- IEC 60945 maritime approved
- Easy-to-read display for channel identification
- Optional pre-charged battery for emergency use
- UHF frequency for optional coverage below deck
- Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System (CTCSS) for secure group communications
- Built-in audio feedback as standard
- Large tactile buttons for easy operation
- Red colour for quick identification and purpose
No one goes further to protect your crew and vessel
SAILOR is known worldwide for excellence in regulatory equipment. With 50+ years in the business, we understand your requirements, conditions and risks better than anyone else. With SAILOR 3965 UHF Fire Fighter you can stay truly safe, as well as fully compliant, with a radio designed for every possible situation at sea.
- Designed and built for SOLAS Chapter II-2
- Meet all regulations and maximise safety on board
- Rigorous testing for durability and reliability
- SAILOR quality
ATEX approved (Intrinsically safe)
Built to Cobham's uncompromising quality standards, the SAILOR 3695 UHF Fire Fighter radio is fully ATEX approved and meets the highest specifications for maximum safety and reliability.
Value and performance
Cobham SATCOM has developed an exceptional radio package that is not only a cost-effective solution for shipowners to meet the SOLAS deadline, but a highly reliable and effective communication tool that can be counted on by fire fighters in extreme, hazardous environments.
Based on Cobham SATCOM's series of SAILOR portable work, GMDSS and ATEX radios, the SAILOR 3965 UHF Fire Fighter radio has been designed specifically to keep fire fighters safe through reliable, function-rich communication.
The radio is available in several different packages to meet different vessel needs and a comprehensive list of features maximises safety and operational efficiency. This includes meeting all standards set out in Regulation 10.10.4., such as CTCSS to avoid interference from other nearby vessels and Trunked Mode Operation (TMO) for vessels with a repeater system.
The SAILOR 3695 UHF Fire Fighter radio has been purpose-built to help Fire Parties operate as effectively as possible in any situation.
The radio features an easy to read display for channel and battery information and is compatible with a wide range of established 3rd party accessories from SAVOX and Peltor. Considering the potential for low or zero visibility due to smoke during a fire, it also has large, tactile buttons and provides audio confirmations straight to the operator's headset.
Uniquely, the SAILOR 3965 UHF Fire Fighter radio is the only maritime radio system to accommodate spare emergency battery packs. As standard, it features an ATEX 1.800 mAh rechargeable Li-Ion Battery, IP67 battery pack. However, Cobham SATCOM also offers ATEX-approved non-rechargeable emergency batteries to ensure it is ready for use at any time, or when rechargeable batteries expire.