Controllable Pitch Propeller
Kawasaki began the manufacture of controllable pitch propellers in 1956 through a licensing agreement with Escher Wyss & Co. (Switzerland). Since then, these controllable pitch propellers have been widely adopted for many kinds of vessels. Today, Kawasaki is one of the world’s leading manufacturers with sophisticated technology and rich experience in this field.
The ability to control pitch according to specific load and marine conditions enables you to maximize engine performance. A controllable pitch propeller enables a vessel to operate with optimal fuel efficiency, making it energy-saving, environmentally friendly and economical.
It also makes it easy to control speed and quickly bring a vessel to a standstill without reversing the engine while delivering enhanced maneuverability as well as safety.
Extensive product line
- Wide range of input power to meet virtually any vessel specifications.
Input power: 1,000 - 50,000 kW
- Reliable design based on a solid foundation of marine technology and manufacturing expertise gained through decades of experience.
- Low vibration, low noise, high efficiency and excellent cavitation performance.
Various control programs
- Extensive line of control devices for automatic load control (ALC), overload protection (OLP) and more.
- Inboard hydraulic pitch control equipment is neatly packaged into a compact, all-in-one, space-saving unit.