The Gate-1 provides ECDIS on board with the up-to-date UKHO and PRIMAR chart data and permit file. It can use ship’s any communication system available and operate reliably in harsh conditions with low data transfer rates, unreliable communication links and long lag times. No more USB memory sticks or burning data on DVD disks!
The content of all chart material is checked on a weekly basis and the data is uploaded to FURUNO distribution servers around the world. The ships will automatically download the new data from the closest distribution server when they need the updated charts. Buying new charts can be done by UKHO’s eNAVIGATOR Planning Station. The ship can also keep their existing chart distributor if they wish. Gate-1 can be used also only for delivering charts and permits. During working hours the new chart is available on board in around 4 hours from ordering.
- Contains a complete set of virtual chart DVD disks
- Automatically downloads the latest charts and the chart permits via satellite communication system
- The quickest way to obtain the updated charts while CDs typically take weeks or months to arrive
- Supports UKHO Admiralty AVCS, ARCS and PRIMAR charts
- Works with FURUNO ECDIS FEA-2107/2807 and FMD-3200/3300 series
- It takes only few minutes to update charts
- Safe - Data connections are authenticated by RSA keys and encrypted by AES
- Virus removal to prevent viruses from entering ECDIS
- Low bandwidth for transfer of data (at most 3 kB/sec)
- Environment friendly - Power consumption 5 W
- No moving parts
Chart Update System