- ▶ Class A AIS transponder
- ▶ Clear 4.3" color display
- ▶ Displays information about the AIS-equipped ships, as well as, coastal stations and Aids to Navigations within VHF coverage
- ▶ Outputs AIS data to ECDIS, radar and other navigational equipment for collision avoidance support
- ▶ Sufficient output ports for dual configuration of ECDIS and radar system
- ▶ LAN interface available for efficient network integration into a bridge system
- ▶ BAM (Bridge Alert Management) ready
Meets the specific requirements for alerts and interconnection with Bridge Alert Management as specified in IMO MSC.302 (87).
- ▶ Optional pilot plug available
- ▶ Receives AIS-SART signals for assisting in streamlining SAR activities
When you select a certain target, the information about the ship (MMSI (or name, when available), heading, SOG, COG, etc.) is displayed.
|Own ship symbol||AIS base station||AIS-SART/AIS MOB/EPIRB-AIS|
|Target||Aid to Navigation (physical)||SAR aircraft|
|Selected target||Aid to Navigation (virtual)||SAR vessel|
The FA-170 can store up to 2048 AIS targets and AIS-SARTs.
Dangerous target list
The dangerous target list displays the name and particulars of targets classified as dangerous targets.
Alert listDisplays all (current and past) alerts
Short safety-related messages
Short safety-related messages can be exchanged with a specified MMSI or all AIS-equipped ships via VHF channels.
The FA-170 can store up to 20 transmitted, as well as up to 20 received messages.