Azimuth Thruster (Rexpeller®)
Rexpeller, the "King of Propellers," is the name of Kawasaki's outstanding line of azimuth thrusters. A fully azimuth-steerable thruster, the Rexpeller works as a propulsor and a rudder all in one.
Since 1983 Kawasaki has been a leading supplier of azimuth thrusters, providing its Rexpeller for a wide array of vessels, from tugboats to cable layers, and other workboats as well as offshore vessels like drillships, supply boats and more.
Since the propeller rotates 360 degrees around its vertical axis, the thruster can perform double duty, propelling as well as steering a vessel. Able to generate thrust in any direction, the Rexpeller not only delivers excellent maneuverability but maintains superior positional accuracy as well. The crash astern function significantly shortens a vessel's stopping distance.
Extensive product line
- Wide range of input power to meet virtually any vessel specifications
Input power: up to 6,500 kW
- High-efficiency duct (kort nozzle), small pod and large-diameter propeller generate stronger bollard thrust
Low vibration and low noise
- Adaption of the skewed propeller and optimized design stiffness minimize vibration and noise
Easy installation and maintenance
- Compact design with built-in clutch and hydraulic components
Built lightweight but robust
- Optimized component design with the latest in finite element method (FEM) analysis
Available with controllable pitch propeller (CPP) or fixed pitch propeller (FPP)
Can be installed with either L or Z drive configuration
- Easy operation for highly accurate control. Work with navigational devices and positioning system to enable autopilot and dynamic positioning.
Can be coupled to protective devices such as automatic load control (ALC) and overload protection (OLP) systems (for CPP)
Shockless hydraulic clutch
- Reduce the shock of on/off type clutch engagement by automatically controlling the hydraulic oil flow rate.
The slipping clutch allows for more fine-tuned vessel operation.